1. Halfords Group - Data Controllers
Halfords Limited and Halfords Autocentres Limited are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and both companies are members of the Halfords group of companies.
- the information which we may collect about you;
- how we collect it;
- how we use it;
- who we may share it with; and
- your rights to receive details of the information which we hold about you, to change the information which we hold about you and to contact us if you have any questions or concerns in relation to the information which we hold about you.
2. Your Information: What We Collect, How We Collect It &
How We Use It
The Information We Collect About You & How We Collect It
Halfords Limited and Halfords Autocentres Limited may collect the following information about you when you use or register on our [careers website]:
- information about you which may include:
- your contact details (including your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address);
- your employment history;
- sensitive personal data including information relating to your:
- [racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinions;
- religious beliefs;
- trade union membership physical or mental health;
- sexual life;
- commission or the alleged commission of any offence or any related proceedings;]
- from third parties in relation to your application and in order to verify the information which you share with us including those third parties from whom we seek references about you;
- we may collect information about you through the completion of on-line forms, uploading documents and information to our [careers website] and through other information which you may otherwise share or communicate with us (including by e-mail, telephone, fax or during the course of interviews and meetings with us or other documentation which you provide to us in advance of, during or following meetings with us). If you are offered a position with us, this information may form part of your employment record;
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you to:
- process your application and to provide the services to you which are made available to you as part of our [careers website];
- match your details to [and contact you in relation to] vacancies which arise within our group of companies which we consider may be of interest to you and to update you on the progress of any application. We may use your contact details (including your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) for this purpose;
- verify the information which you provide to us (including through checking references with referees whose details you provide to us);
- supply you with information which you have requested from us;
- respond to any queries, suggestions or complaints;
- carry out searches about you with credit and fraud prevention agencies;
- enhance and improve your experience of using our [careers website];
- perform administration purposes in relation to our [careers website] (including your access to our [careers website] e.g. if you forget or lose your user name or password);
- help personalise your experience of our [careers website];
- monitor your use of our [careers website];
- collate, analyse and report on aggregate, anonymised personal information about users of our [careers website];
- maintain our business records (including human resources management records) and keep a record of all the activities described above;
- assist in the proposed sale of our business or any of its assets (which may include a database of information including your information);
- comply with any legal or regulatory obligations (including compliance with statutory obligations, court Orders and regulatory requirements) or in order to assist with any legal or regulatory investigations or proceedings in relation to actual or alleged fraudulent, dishonest or other criminal behaviour.
3. Sharing Your Information With Others
We do not disclose your information to anyone, except:
- to other members of the Halfords group of companies including companies which become part of our group in the future;
- to our personnel, our agents and service providers (including the company which provides our automated careers website service which is currently [Havas People]);
- to any third party to whom you expressly request us to disclose your information;
- to a relevant third party where material uploaded or posted by you on our site is alleged to infringe the rights of a third party;
- where we need to protect ourselves, our group companies, customers, the public and/or property (which may include us exchanging personal information and other information with other companies, organisations and agencies for the purposes of fraud protection);
- if fraud or other criminal conduct is suspected (in which case we may disclose personal information to the police, law enforcement agencies, government agencies and other relevant authorities and professional advisers operating on their behalf);
- where we have your consent to do so;
- where it is necessary to do so to provide the services chosen by you;
- to any prospective purchaser of our business assets including its professional advisers;
- to courts, regulatory authorities or professional advisers in connection with any legal proceedings or other investigations.
We will only disclose your information in the circumstances explained in Section 2 above.
4. How Long We Keep Your Information For
We will keep the information which you provide to us for upto 12 months from the date of your application (for example, we may retain your information on our database to contact you in relation to any vacancies which arise and match your preferences). You can request that we delete your information at any time during this period by writing to us at the address shown in Section 8 below.
5. Keeping Your Information Accurate
6. Keeping Your Information Secure
In order to protect your information from being lost or misused, we use technical and organisational security measures which we consider to be appropriate.
For instance, your information is saved in a secure operating environment which is not accessible to the public. In certain cases, your information is encrypted by Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) during transmission. This means that an approved encryption procedure is used for communication between your computer and our [careers website] servers (if your browser supports SSL).
8. Your Rights Under The Data Protection Act 1998
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are entitled to receive details of the personal data which we hold about you. If you would like to see details of your personal data, please send a [cheque for] £10 and a written request to:
Halfords Group Plc
Icknield Street Drive
9. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about the personal information or other information we hold about you and how we use it, please contact us at the address shown in Section 8 above.