Switched on to what’s important.
Our commitment to good corporate social responsibility (CSR) makes more than good business sense.
It’s the means by which we roll out our strategy and bring our values to life. And it’s how we’ll gradually and consistently improve performance.
So we’ve carefully defined our CSR along the following principles:
- To minimise the impact and maximise the benefits that our work has on the environment and people around us.
- To integrate our CSR considerations into all our business decisions.
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To review, annually report, and to continually strive to improve our CSR performance.
So we’ll continue to review and grow our policies, learning lessons and building on success along the way. What won’t change are our commitments to:
- Community: we’ll continue to play an important role in the communities in which we operate and encourage and empower our people to help make those communities even better places in which to live and work.
- People: we aim to find, support and develop great people, empowering them to enjoy and do their best work. Key to this is our training and development programmes. We are also actively looking for ways in which to promote and increase diversity and embrace inclusivity.
- Responsible Business: we actively engage in responsible trading and good environmental management.
Just some of the ways we bring our CSR to life…
We work in partnership with a number of prisons, offering career opportunities on release to support the rehabilitation agenda. Prisoners get to learn by working on bicycles handed in at participating stores and the refurbished bikes, along with new helmets, are donated to schools in disadvantaged areas.
Wherever possible, the best candidates get the opportunity to become Halfords colleagues when they leave prison.